Thursday, November 21, 2013

Data Structures (Requested Subject) - Just So You Know (Updated as of Nov. 22, 12:24pm)

This is to inform you that I will be MOMENTARILY handling your Data Structures class due to the lack of faculty member who is willing to handle this course.  I was forced and begged off to handle this course even if it doesn't fit my schedule anymore (I'm exaggerating a bit here, but yes, there was definitely coercion).  Although this is completely against my will, obedient as I am, I glumly resigned myself to it.  As soon as a new faculty member is hired, I will immediately turn this course over to him/her so there's no need to be apprehensive as to your money gone wasted if in case you will fail this course once again :)

For this course, since all of you are repeaters, I will not go about doing the traditional lecture every week.  You will be given programming assignments, however, as part of your assessment.  I plan of coming up a laboratory module and give it to you in advance so that you can solve the programming assignments even ahead of schedule (only if you feel like it).  We will only have one summative written exam towards the end of the semester.  As for your quizzes/long tests, we won't be having any of it.  However, we will have board works and oral recitations so that I can automatically grade you.  You can also request for a lecture for certain topics that you feel you need to be expounded more.

I will be very busy this semester since you are not the only one going to school anymore, I also do.  So, this arrangement, I hope, is going to be a win-win situation for all of us. If you think this arrangement is inconvenient for you or it will not give justice to your hard-earned money, then let me know.

Please check this blog every now and then as to our schedule.

Review your lessons on Lists, Stacks, and Queues.  We will have our impromptu board work next meeting, which will be on Thursday, Nov. 28, 12:00nn at ICLab2.

5 comments:

  1. good afternoon Ma'am,
    here are the email addresses for their Dropbox. These are those who were unable to attend yesterday ( November 21,2013):

    joan.palen@rocketmail.com
    princessjanemariematondo@ymail.com
    milallosglenda@yahoo.com
    murphyong@yahoo.com
    emillianigabrielle@gmail.com
    rhonluiz1000@gmail.com
    janda.magno@yahoo.com
    chinnydelacruz15@yahoo.com
    eurl_06yahoo.com
    kim_sinichi_conan13yahoo.com
    glevinzon_dapal@yahoo.com
    truth_2664@yahoo.com
    deanniedizonyahoo.com
    vill_syrene02yahoo.com
    cjayaranongmail.com
    meljoyperaz@yaho.com.ph
    jenine.silosgmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction lang sa ako e-mail, kim_shinichi_conan13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. additional : quiapopauline@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh Ma'am. Pasali din..

    makelaw_s@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete